23.10.14

The Wolf at the Door

This came up on my time hop today. I wrote it a couple of years ago on my old blog.
Sadly things are no better, in fact it is worse.

Some people refer to depression as "The Black Dog". Good analysis
OCD is a form of that, or mental illness really.
And that Wolf has been sniffing around my heels for many years.

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
Mark Twain

This is my mantra, but when the wolf bites it gets forgotten.
I have heard OCD described as a bridge. On one side is the foggy world of fear, obsessional doubt, anxiety, emotional reasoning, unreality and ritual that is OCD.
On the other side is common sense, reality, objectivity.....FREEDOM!!
My husband often asks me where I am on the bridge, I'm usually somewhere in the middle, but when the wolf howls, I'm lost in the fog.
OCD is an affliction that is stopping me from LIVING MY LIFE and I don't know why.
I have had therapy over the years. In fact this time last year I thought I'd been 'cured.'
But slowly but surely it's been creeping back in, I don't think it ever really went away. I understand it better.
I struggle with emotions, have done for most of my life. I've depended on lots of crutches, food, alcohol, OCD.
Anything to stop me from thinking and feeling really. But I don't understand why and therein lies the key.
I hope one day I can take that key, cross the bridge away from OCD land. I will unlock the door, step over the threshold where love and peace is waiting for me.
And I will slam that door against the beast forever.

Back to today..
I've had more therapy, swapped my medication to different tablets, different doses time and time again.
Yet the dog still barks, over and over again.

- Posted using BlogPress from my ipad

12 comments:

  1. It's hard, there are challenges and it doesn't just go away. I think you are brave to be open and strong about it. Great post. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me. I hope you liked it and see you again soon. Please next time you link up include a link in your post so everyone knows where you are sharing and use the url of a specific post not just your blog name hun so everyone knows where to comment. Otherwise people click on it and don't know what you want comments on. :) But welcome and have fun! Great place to read amazing various blogs all in one place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, it must have linked up automatically somehow as I didn't do this one. Is there any way I can edit the link to link to post? Thanks...how strange?? I definitely didn't link this post.

    Sent from my iPhone

    >

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok hunny no worries what I can do is delete this entirely and you relink with the post you intended. Linkytools has been known to go a little weird sometimes. Apologies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time for a bit of Ooooohing and Ahhhhing?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, I'm unsure to exactly what you mean?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not entirely sure what that comment meant, but I have just started up my blog again and that post was particularly hard for me to write. Please if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all

    ReplyDelete
  7. this post could very well describe me , with my depression. You are not alone reach out and similar folk will be there for you x

    ReplyDelete